Test Piece For a New Project

I’ve wanted to do something horse and musket themed for a while now. My lovely wife has bought me some nice new toys for Christmas, so I have a new project in mind for January. I wanted to try some practice painting before launching into the new project, being a new period, I’ve never painted before, so I got a couple of sprues of Perry plastics off eBay. Here is the first test piece. I’ve tried to simplify the painting as I’m going to be painting several battalions of infantry, regiments of cavalry and batteries of guns I’ve decided the mass effect is more important than individual figures. As such I started this guy off with an airbrush, to speed up the undercoat and base coat and then added a few washes and highlights and skipped painting the eyes. I think he has turned out pretty well just 15 more to paint now.

4 thoughts on “Test Piece For a New Project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s